- 170g (6oz) margarine or butter
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 57g (2oz) rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence, and sieve in self raising flour.
- Mix in 1 oz of the oats.
- Knead mixture together and then roll into small balls. Then roll balls in remaining oats and press down on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.