- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion (100g peeled weight), finely chopped
- 2 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 140g tinned drained brown or green lentils
- 80g baby spinach
- 200g smoked haddock, boneless, skinless
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and cook the onion and celery for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lentils and cook for another minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and the spinach and cook for 5 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, place the fish in a frying pan, cover it with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
- Fill one-third of a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil. Crack the egg into a bowl, then gently tip it into the simmering water. Lightly poach for 3–4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, spoon the lentils onto a plate, then top with the fish and poached egg.